Sunday, August 31, 2008
Term life insurance is one of the more popular forms of insurance. As such, people are constantly looking for quotes and policies that fit their needs. If you need to know how to get term life insurance quotes for you or to take care of your family, follow these guidelines.
1. Decide the number of years you would like to pay a premium. Term life insurance policies last for a given amount of time–5, 10, 20 or 30 years. If the insured passes away within the term of the policy, the beneficiaries receive the compensation described in the policy.
2. Figure out the amount of insurance you need. You can get a policy as small as $10,000 or policies as large as millions of dollars. Generally, people tend to get a policy that equals about ten times their annual income.
3. Prepare yourself for variable premiums during the life of your policy. Some term life policies may adjust over the years. You can also try to get a premium cap for your policy. With a premium cap written into the policy, you monthly or annual premiums are guaranteed to never go above a certain amount.
4. Visit the websites of different life insurance companies. Some companies specialize in term life insurance quotes while others focus on whole life insurance. You can also go to a website that offers comparisons of different companies.
5. Enter accurate information into the questionnaires to get an accurate estimate for your policy. You can get a quote through the company’s website, but this is just an estimate.
6. Talk with the agents at the companies you are considering. An agent will be able to explain term life insurance more in-depth and answer all of your questions. Once you find a company that you’re comfortable with, sign up for a policy and get peace of mind.
Tips & Warnings
* The younger you are when you start searching for term life insurance, the less expensive your premiums are likely to be.
* Term life insurance policies are designed for those who plan to be “self-insured” by the end of the policy’s term.
* Be honest when filling out your official policy information. Any false statements could be considered fraudulent and leave your beneficiaries without the money after you pass away.
* Don’t get too much insurance. A multi-million dollar policy might seem tempting, but the premiums can be costly and raise many questions when you pass away.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
A Priest dies & is awaiting his turn in line at the Heaven’s Gates. Ahead of him is a guy, nattily dressed, in dark sun glasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket & jeans.
Lord Dharamraj asks him: Please tell me who are you, so that I may know whether to admit you into the kingdom of Heaven or not?
The guy replies: I am Banta Singh, taxi driver from New Delhi !
Lord Dharamraj consults his ledger, smiles & says to Banta Singh: Please take this silken robe & gold scarf & enter the Kingdom of Heaven .
Now it is the priest’s turn. He stands erect and speaks out in a booming voice: I am Sant Shiromani Baba so & so, Head Priest of the so & so Temple for the last 40 years.
Lord Dharamraj consults his ledger & says to the Priest: Please take this cotton robe & enter the Kingdom of Heaven .
‘Just a minute,’ says the agonized Priest. How is that a foul mouthed, rash driving Taxi Driver is given a Silken robe & a Golden scarf and me, a Priest, who’s spent his whole life preaching your Name & goodness has to make do with a Cotton robe?
‘Results my friend, results,’ shrugs Lord Dharamraj.
While you preached, people SLEPT; but when he drove his taxi, people PRAYED.
Moral of the story: It’s PERFORMANCE & not POSITION that ultimately counts.
Do you remember the time when you were a kid and your mom asked you to pack your things because your dad got assigned to a different state and the entire family needed to move?
Whether it is during your childhood, when you move out of your parent’s house as an adult, or if you just got tired of the apartment that you are living and you need a new ‘environment’ - almost everyone has experienced the hassles and pains of moving at one point in their lives.
Remember that no matter how stressful the act of moving is, there is always a way to make the experience a lot more tolerable.
Useful Moving Tips
Here are several moving tips that you need to keep in mind so that you can turn moving from a chore to an exciting activity:
1. Even if you live in a studio room apartment and you only have a few things to load into the back of your car, moving is something which should not be done alone. Get the help of friends and relatives - and if you are on a tight budget, ply them with food and drinks and make sure to promise to return the favor when it is their turn to move.
2. Next, if you have huge appliances like beds, TV racks and kitchen appliances to move - it is better to hire a professional moving company. Go online and search for moving companies which offer a reasonable rate. Make sure to compare the rates first, ask about all the extra charges and determine whether they offer interstate moving services or in-state moving only.
3. When moving out of state, the moving company should provide you with a copy of the Bill of Lading. This should be attached with a binding or non-binding estimate and an inventory of your things.
4. Give yourself plenty of time to move. For example, if your lease on your old apartment will expire in one month, make sure to book for a moving company by then and determine where you will move in. Packing can be done preferably a week or so before, especially if you have a lot of stuff.
5. Before placing anything in a box, make an inventory of all of your things. Aside from labeling the boxes, assign a number to them so that it will be easier to trace once things go out of hand during the height of your move.
6. Make sure that you will not run out of boxes and other moving supplies. Packing tapes, markers, and lots and lots of boxes – these are the supplies that you need to make your moving less of a hassle.
7. When stuffing items onto a box, make sure that they are not too heavy to be lifted by one person.
With these useful moving tips, transitioning from one apartment or house to another will be a much easier task.
At one point or another, you or your entire family would have to go through the motions of moving from one house or apartment to another. No matter how tight a budget you have set for yourself, hiring professional movers is always the better choice as compared to attempting the move by yourself - the costs will all be worth it in the end.
This is especially true if you live in New York City, where moving companies are aplenty. To get the best bang for your buck, there are several factors that you need to consider when hiring a New York moving company. Take a look at the following list:
When you go online and search for “New York moving company”, thousands of results will come up. Before hiring a mover, make sure to narrow down your search to two or three companies. Make sure to determine the legitimacy by checking the name of the New York moving company with the Better Business Bureau.
Beware of moving companies which do not conduct a home visit prior to the move. A representative from the company should visit to take stock of the things that need to be moved, after which an estimate of the costs will be made. If the rates offered by a Moving Company seem to good to be true, it probably is.
Also, when making an interstate move, you should be provided with a copy of the Bill of Lading, which is attached with the binding or non-binding estimate, the order of service and the inventory.
Make sure to book the services of a New York moving company way in advance. The months of August and September are particularly heavy, so you may want to book a mover at least one month before the date of your move. This should also give you plenty of time to prepare the moving supplies, and free up your schedule for the date that you will move out.
Usually, the costs charged by a New York moving company are based on the weight of the materials to be moved. Again, someone from the moving company should pay you a visit to take stock of your things, so that they can make an estimate of the cost.
Aside from the per-weight rate, there may be additional fees charged by the moving company if the movers need to climb up stairs. Be sure to ask about all the costs involved before hiring a mover.
Quality of Service
Just as it is when paying for any type of service, a New York moving company should give you good, quality service. The movers should be professional, friendly and reliable. They should also be able to answer any inquiries that you may have. You may want to ask your friends or relatives if they know of a good New York moving company which offers good rates and quality service.
To sum it all up, choosing a New York moving company involves more than just looking up a name in the yellow pages. To get the best deals, you should take time in comparing the rates and the quality of service that each company offers and make your decision from there.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Survey at college finds 27 percent of men and 14 percent of women willing to trade favors or gifts for sex.
(LifeWire) — While she was studying in Brazil during college, the one thing Stephanie Gerson longed to do before leaving was spend time in the thick of the Amazon rain forest. Unfortunately, she couldn’t find a tour that would take her past the forest’s edge.
So, when a college-aged busboy at a resort she was visiting began flirting with her, she asked him if he thought a tourist could survive alone in the jungle.
“He laughed and told me I was nuts,” says Gerson, 27, who works part-time in online marketing for a chocolate company in San Francisco.
Then he told her that he’d grown up in the jungle in a nearby indigenous community. That was all Gerson needed to hear. Although she wasn’t attracted to the guy, Gerson flirted right back in the hopes that he would be her jungle tour guide. It worked. The busboy wormed his way out of work, and the two headed into the rain forest.
“It was amazing,” Gerson says of her adventure in 2000. “We built our homes out of palm leaves, I saw animals I’d never seen before, he taught me the medicinal properties of all the plants, we picked fruit off the trees, we swam with and ate piranhas. And, of course, we had sex … for almost two weeks.”
Body currency system
Gerson never felt sleazy or uncomfortable with her unspoken arrangement with the busboy.
“It was a good barter both ways,” she says. “I got to stay in the jungle, and he got to have sex with a cute, young American girl.”
Such trades aren’t so unusual. Throughout history, humans have used their bodies to get what they want — from ancient Egyptian ruler Cleopatra, who cemented her power through liaisons with Roman rulers Julius Caesar and Mark Antony, to the man and woman who were arrested at a Fort Wright, Kentucky, motel in late June for allegedly swapping sex for gasoline. Regardless of our motivation, scientists say we’re hardwired to use our bodies as a bargaining chip.
A recent study of 475 University of Michigan undergraduates ages 17 to 26 found that 27 percent of the men and 14 percent of the women who weren’t in a committed relationship had offered someone favors or gifts — help prepping for a test, laundry washing, tickets to a college football game — in exchange for sex. On the flip side, 5 percent of the men surveyed and 9 percent of the women said they’d attempted to trade sex for such freebies.
And although they weren’t hard up for resources, the students surveyed “recognized the value of this socioeconomic currency system,” says Daniel Kruger, research scientist at the University of Michigan School of Public Health, who published his findings in the April issue of “Evolutionary Psychology.”
“It’s more about getting what you want than getting what you need,” he says. “Unless you think everyone needs a $200 Louis Vuitton bag.”
The handyman hookup
But unattached coeds aren’t the only ones who barter with their bodies. Some professionals will attest that their skills are, well, sexy.
“Women are turned on just by the simple idea of their guy getting off his ass and doing something for them,” says Rocky Fino, author of “Will Cook for Sex: A Guy’s Guide to Cooking.”
It works both ways, he adds.
“Give it to me first thing in the morning, and I’ll play [handyman] all day,” says Fino, a 39-year-old father of two and part-time construction worker.
Ben Corbett, a 39-year-old contractor from Boulder, Colorado, credits his tool belt with prompting the barrage of come-ons he fields from female clients — most of them married — on a regular basis.
“It starts with the flirting, and it just progresses,” says Corbett, who has run a construction and remodeling business for 20 years. “They’ll touch my hand, and there’s all this physical contact. Or they’ll run around in their pajamas.”
“Once,” he says, “I was painting the hallway right outside a client’s bedroom, and she was lying on her bed like a girl at a slumber party with her legs up and her arms crossed and her head resting on them, asking me if I had a girlfriend.
“It’s all about the fantasy of being taken by the rough-hewn construction guy,” muses Corbett, who, despite the temptation, has avoided getting sexually involved with his clientele for fear of jeopardizing his business.
It’s the biology, stupid
Call it crass, sexist or gender stereotyping all you want, but there are thousands of years of biological programming at work here, says Dr. Chris Fariello, director of the Institute for Sex Therapy at the Council for h, a nonprofit relationship-counseling group based in Philadelphia.
Plain and simple, a partner who provides more resources — wealth, shelter, home repairs — is seen as more attractive and stands to reap more sexual rewards.
Or, as Fariello puts it, “I don’t get anybody in my office who says, ‘My husband sits on the couch all day and eats bonbons, and I want to have sex with him all the time.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Truck rentals mainly deal with the big vehicles; four wheelers meeting all the needs for moving the house hold luggage or business material transportation. In truck rental topic, it is possible to know many things about trucks. It is possible to choose the truck of choice, big truck or small truck, costly or economical, heavy or medium trucks, as desired. The trucks move and carry heavy loads to very long distances across the country.
Truck rentals are very useful in many ways. The trucks in the form of big carriers and in the form of vans to carry lighter material loads are available. Some of the most popular models of trucks and vans are discussed here for information and ready reference, so that it becomes easier to choose the truck or vans to suit the requirement. They are like the smaller trucks with carrying capacity of 2 tons to 4 tons. The material carrying platform is like a big flat plate or like a tray and all the materials are loaded on this tray.
The smaller trucks of Truck rentals consists of 2 doors and they are provided with air-cooling systems to keep the perishable materials stored in a fresh environment. There will be dropping sidelong planks to ease loading and unloading activity. They are provided with power steering. In further improved class there are trucks provided with hydraulic power lifts that enables the loading platform to be lifted to any height or angle as the situation demands. This model also has power steering and 2 doors, but the loading space is given in a big box like container. These can be carried with lift class vehicles.
It is seen and understood from Truck rentals that huge trucks with refrigeration facilities, hydraulic lifts, power steering and 2 doors are also readily available for transporting the items like vegetables, milk, fish, or any such perishable materials. The larger variety trucks are of 6-ton to10 ton load carrying capacity with all luxurious fittings like Radio, Compact Disk stereo record player. They are provided with central locking systems. The windows are operated with power. It is not necessary to lift the window glasses manually; they are operated by a switch from the drivers seat. It is provided with power steering, single axle drive.
The Truck rentals further gives the information that these higher capacity trucks with more than 6 ton to 8 ton load carrying capacity, are provided with all latest amenities like hydraulic lifts, air cooling systems, air conditioners and power operated windows. They are also fitted with equipments for recreational purpose like Music Stereo disc players, Radios players, chamber air conditioners, to enable the persons get some relaxation while on very long journeys with the truck. They have central locking systems for protection.