St. (Saint) Mary’s Forane Church, Chalakudy is also known as Shrine of the Nativity of Our Lady. it is one of the Foranes or deaneries under the Diocese of Irinjalakuda, which was established in 1978 by the bifurcation of Thrissur Diocese. Prior to that, Chalakudy was part of Thrissur diocese, one of the the most ancient Diocese of the Syro Malabar Church. Thrissur diocese has since been elevated to an archdiocese within which comes the Irinjalakuda diocese. There are 16 parishes under the Chalakudy Forane.
Mass or Holy Qurbana Timings are as below.
Sundays – 6:00am 7:30am 9:30am 5:00pm
Week Days – 6:00 am 7:15 am & 5:00 pm
Saturdays – 5:00pm
Mupliyam is a small village in Thrissur district of Kerala state, south India. It is located 9 km away from National Highway 47 from Pudukad. Mupliyam comes under Chalakudy Taluk and Varandarappilly Panchayath.
This parish which comes under Irinjalakuda Diocese, consists of more than 483 families and about 2500 members. Families in the parish are grouped as eleven family units, each with 40 – 50 families.
Below are pictures or photos of the Assumption Church, Mupliyam.
St. (Saint) Thomas Syro-Malabar Catholic Cathedral is located in Irinjalakuda, on the way from Thana to Kodungallur (just around 100m from Thana center). Below are some of the pictures or photos of this church.
Kollatti Temple also known as Viswanathapuram Subramanya Swami Temple is located in Irinjalakuda, in Thrissur District of Kerala. Its located on the way from Irinjalakuda to Potta. The temple is dedicated to Lord Subramanya Swami. The temple was built according to the ideology of Sree Narayana Guru, one of the most famous social reformers of Kerala.
Shashti Mahotsavam, which is a 6 day festival – is the main festival of this temple which attracts everyone around to this temple. Below are some of the photos or pictures of this temple.
St. (Saint) Stanislaus Forane Church is located in Mala, Thrissur District, Kerala. Mala is around 40 kms from Thrissur, 16 kms from Irinjalakuda, around 13 km from Koratty. The church is located on the road from Mala to Ashtamichira. The church is reputed to be the only church in Asia, patronizing St Stanislaus Kostka (28 October 1550 – 15 August 1568) a Polish saint. It was built in 1840.